To give a proper estimate for an air conditioner installation, the contractor will need to know the following details:
- The size of the space that needs to be cooled. This will help the contractor determine the size and capacity of the air conditioner that is needed.
- The type of air conditioner that is desired. There are several types of air conditioners available, including window units, split systems, and central air systems.
- The location of the air conditioner. The contractor will need to know where the air conditioner will be installed, as this can impact the difficulty and cost of the installation.
- Any special features or requirements. If the air conditioner will need to be installed in a particularly challenging location, or if there are any special features that are desired (such as a programmable thermostat), this will need to be taken into account.
- The condition of the existing ductwork (if applicable). If the air conditioner will be part of a central air system, the contractor will need to know the condition of the existing ductwork in order to properly estimate the installation cost.